You should have received your notification to complete the 2020 Accountability Pillar survey from Alberta Education, via your mail. This can be done online or you can return the completed paper copies directly to Alberta Education. This needs to be completed by February 28, 2020. Please share your voice about our school.
New Humble Centre News
Our new bulletin board displays created by Library Club
There are LRC Passes that you can sign out from our school library!
Come for a fun-filled family event hosted
by NHCS Parent's Group!
Friday, February 21
6:30 - 8:30 pm.
More details to follow!
Winter Family Event!
Come and skate, the ice is beautiful!
Black Gold School Division has a Pandemic Plan in place which focuses on both preventative measures and identifying flu-like illnesses. This plan was created with the guidance of Alberta Health Services and can be implemented if necessary. The plan highlights six key preventative measures which can be practiced at all times to prevent the spread of any virus. These key measures are:
1. If ill, stay home from work, school and avoid public places. Seek medical attention if symptoms progress.
2. One of the best ways to prevent influenza is to get the influenza vaccine every year.
3. Hands should be cleaned before preparing food, eating, touching one’s face and after coughing or sneezing, using the toilet and after handling soiled material.
4. Wash your hands with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
5. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve rather than your hand.
6. Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth after shaking hands or touching hard surfaces like counters and door handles or other surfaces that may contain influenza and other viruses.
For further information regarding the Coronavirus infection you can refer to the Government of Canada and Alberta Health Services websites that are listed below
February 4 - French Toast (rescheduled)
February 5 - Early Dismissal - 2:30 pm
February 6 & 7 - Teacher's' Convention - No School
February 11 - Scrambled Eggs and Breakfast Sausage (free
February 13 - Spirit Assembly - 8:30 am
February 14 - Valentine's Day
February 17 - Family day - No School
February 20 - Scholastic Book Orders due
February 21 - Winter Family Event - 6:30-8:30 - More details to follow from NHCS Parent's Group
February 24 - Dental Presentation for Grade 1-2
February 26 - Pink Shirt Day