New actorsfcu car Shopping site (pg. 3)
inactivity fee notice (pg. 7)
In this issue:
Letter from the ceo (pg. 2)
Dear Valued Member-
It's hard to believe fall is already upon us. The credit union's Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee, executives, and management team recently completed a two-day strategic planning session. During these meetings, we were able to reaffirm the credit union's purpose, which is "to provide financial empowerment to members of the creative community." This purpose will be our guiding light as we work to grow and strengthen the credit union everyday.
Over the next few months, we will be undertaking a thorough review of our lending policies and approval guidelines. Our goal is to reshape our lending programs so that we can say "yes!" to more of our members, more often. We'll also be working to streamline our processes to make obtaining a loan from the credit union faster and easier.
Lastly, I want to encourage you to visit our new auto shopping website. With four million vehicle listings nationwide and advanced search and filtering options, we hope this is a resource our members will find valuable.
Yours in service,
President & CEO
For a limited time, receive $100 bonus cash when you finance a new or used vehicle purchase with ActorsFCU
Introducing our new
auto shopping center!
Compare vehicles side-by-side, view CARFAX reports & Kelley Blue Book Fair Market Pricing
Browse a nationwide inventory of four million
new and pre-owned vehicles
Filter vehicles by location, monthly payment, make/model, and more!
Find a Car
See today's Rates
Protect your Account with
Available for free download on Apple & Android devices
The holiday season is approaching. Along with all of the celebrations, there can be some significant expenses. It's not too late to create a plan of action, and avoid busting your budget!
1. Know your plans. Knowing what your plans are for the holiday season is an important first step. Are you traveling, or are you hosting? Are you cooking? If so, what are you cooking, and for how many people? Are you exchanging gifts, or cards? If so, with whom? The further in advance you can solidify your plans, the longer you'll have to prepare for them.
2. Set a budget. Knowing you plans allows you to estimate your expenses. If the expenses seem unreasonable, you may want to reconsider your plans.
3. Decide how to pay. Now that you have an idea what your holiday expenses are going to be, how are you going to pay for them? Do you have enough money in savings already? If not, are you earning enough money that you're able to start setting some aside now? Or, will you ultimately have to resort to borrowing money (e.g., use a credit card)?
4. Holiday Loans* from ActorsFCU. If you need to, you may be able to borrow up to $2,500* unsecured at a special low interest rate. Plus, with our deferred payment option, you won't be required to make any payments until 2020.
Apply for Holiday Loan
*Holiday Loans feature a non-variable annual percentage rate. All loans are subject to, and all rates are determined by creditworthiness and underwriting guidelines. Minimum loan is $500. Maximum loan amount is $2,500. Loan term is 12-months. Payment example- a $1,000 loan over a 12-month term at 6.90% would result in a monthly payment of $86.48 per thousand dollars financed. Payment example does not reflect optional deferred payments. Not all members will qualify for a loan or the stated payment arrangements. Programs, rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. Ask for complete details.
Shop, earn rewards,
Apply for one of our Platinum VISA Credit Cards today
The holiday shopping season is just around the corner. Get ready for it by applying for an ActorsFCU VISA credit card today.
Once your new VISA card arrives, you'll enjoy a special low introductory rate of 2.90% APR* for the first six months.
After the introductory period, our VISA credit card rates start as low as 7.90% APR*. That’s less than half of the national average for credit card rates!
Plus, you'll earn "Member Rewards" points on every purchase. Points are redeemable for brand name merchandise, travel, gift cards, and more. You can even pool the points between our debit and credit cards to earn rewards faster.
Lastly, when you use a credit card, rather than a debit card, you'll be building your credit history. Of course, to have a positive impact on your credit score, you need to make your credit card payments on-time, and keep your balances low in relation to your credit limit.
We understand that our members' income and credit scores vary, that's why we offer three levels of VISA Platinum cards. Click on a card on the left to learn more and find the card that's right for you.
Disclosure Statement: *APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Actors Federal Credit Union VISA Credit Cards feature a non-variable annual percentage rate as low as 7.90%. ActorsFCU offers four types of VISA credit cards. The type of card and interest rate that you approved for will be determined by your creditworthiness and our underwriting guidelines. Not all members will be approved for a credit card. Minimum loan amount is $500. Maximum loan amount is $25,000. The minimum payment on your credit card account will be either (a) the new balance shown on your statement if the amount is equal to or less than $20.00; (b) 3.00% of that portion of the new balance which does not exceed your credit limit (rounded to the nearest dollar), or $20.00, whichever is greater, plus the entire portion of the new balance in excess of your credit limit, plus any amount past due. Payments must be made by the due date shown on the monthly statement. Programs, rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. This newsletter is not a promise to lend. All loans are subject to credit approval and underwriting guidelines. See full details at https://actorsfcu.com/credit-cards
If you're in the market to buy a new or used vehicle this fall, following these four steps will ensure you find the right vehicle at the right price.
1. Determine your budget. Whatever vehicle you choose, it's important to have a monthly car payment that works for your budget. That's why our auto shopping center allows you to search vehicles by payment amount. While monthly payments are important, be sure that you don't overlook financing rates and the overall price of the vehicle!
2. Do your Research. Chances are it's been a few years since you've looked into purchasing a vehicle. Taking your time and doing your research can really pay off in the end. Our auto shopping center allows you to compare vehicles side-by-side, view Kelley Blue Book Fair Market Pricing, view CarFax vehicle history reports, and save vehicles you're interested in to your free account.
3. Get Pre-Approved. Having your financing pre-approved by ActorsFCU gives you an advantage when you find the right vehicle. With our competitive rates, you know you'll be getting the best deal! Plus, for a limited time, we're offering $100 bonus cash when you finance a new or used vehicle purchase.
4. Go for a Test Drive. With your research complete, and your pre-approval in-hand, visit the dealership and go for a test drive! Don't be afraid to ask the salesperson all of your questions.
Buying a new car may seem stressful but we're here to make the process easy!
to Buying a Car
The Easy Guide
Find an ATM
If you have not had any activity on your account in the past 12-months, you will be accessed an inactivity fee
in the amount of $7.50 on 12/31/2019.
To avoid the fee, please complete at least one transaction on your account each year. Accounts with a loan or a certificate of deposit
are automatically considered active.
Any of the following will count as activity on your account: debit card purchases, ATM withdrawals, cash or check deposits or withdrawals.
You can even deposit a check from the comfort of your
own home using our mobile banking app!
Download Mobile App
buy a house
Send a Message
Apply for Pre-Qualification
If you are interested in owning your own house someday, there's no time like the present to start planning for it. Follow these three steps, and you'll be in good shape when you're ready to start shopping.
Save for a Down payment. If you want to finance with the credit union, we require a down payment of at least 20% of the home's purchase price. Gifted money can also be used to meet the down payment requirement.
Set a Housing Budget. Your total housing budget shouldn't exceed 30% of your gross monthly income. Using an online mortgage calculator, try adjusting the loan amount up and down to find a monthly payment that you're comfortable with. Don't forget to factor property taxes, homeowners' insurance, and utilities into your overall housing budget; these added expenses can be significant!
Get Pre-Qualified for a Mortgage. Once you feel like your finances are in order, contact ActorsFCU to get pre-qualified for a mortgage loan. Our pre-qualification process is free and starts with an easy to complete online application.
If you have mortgage or real estate questions, please feel free to send us a message.
New Years' Day
Mark your calendar with these
Do you have unresolved issues with your account?
The first and best way to resolve account issues to is contact our Member Services department by phone at 212.869.8926, option 6.
Our Member Services team is available to take your call
Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST.
If your issue is still not resolved, you can confidentially contact our Supervisory Committee via email at email@example.com.
You may also call 212.869.5655 and leave a message.
A member of the Supervisory Committee will return your call promptly. Please keep in mind this line is not intended for day-to-day use.
Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 8:00 pm EST
Chicago | AEA Building
New York City | AFM Local 802
Los Angeles | SAG-AFTRA Building
New York City | AEA Building
557 West Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60661
Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm CT
Closed daily 1:00 - 2:00 pm
North Hollywood | AEA Building
5757 Wilshire Boulevard - Suite 655
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
5636 Tujunga Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
165 W. 46th Street, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10036
Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
322 W. 48th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10036
Monday - Friday | 9:30 am - 5:00 pm EST
Closed daily 1:00 - 2:00 pm